In exactly 15 days, my friend Feven is marrying the man of her dreams. I cannot wait to celebrate her and Sultan and attend my first Eritrean wedding.
Last month, we met in Austin for Feven’s bachelorette party. Here are 10 things I learned from our weekend in the Hill Country:
1. It is possible for the bride to fall asleep in the car in 15 seconds flat. This happened twice in a three hour period.
2. Mafia. Enough said.
3. The more reserved and proper you are in real life, the better you will be at pole dancing.
4. Steve-Bob-Estoban was a faithful companion.
5. Purple hair that travels in groups will allow you to bypass long lines.
6. 6th street at 1:30am is different from 6th street at 10pm.
7. Waiting 2+ hours at brunch for food to be served earned us $100.
8. When a scary bride (not Feven) tells you to dance with her on stage, you do what she tells you to do.
9. Who doesn’t love a little a cappella Beyonce? ‘Everything you own in a box to the left…’
10. Feven has the best sisters and friends. They did a wonderful job planning her weekend. Thanks for the laughs and for the new memories.
Our super cute porch of the house we stayed at. Right outside of downtown Austin.
We didn’t get to eat here because it was 1am, and I felt like I was walking in a cloud because my bedtime is 9pm, but I would like to go back and try it one day.